Interested in elements of a 21st Century Classroom? Check out the CCSD Professional Learning technology offerings. The CCSD ITS department is currently offering a 3 PLU course for teachers this summer!
Teacher Resources for 21st Century Teaching and Learning
- 21st Century Classroom Learning Model
- Developing the Growth Mindset
- 8 Components to a Digital Age Classroom
- SAMR Model for teaching/learning with technology
- 9 Characteristics of a 21st Century Learner
- Here is in interesting infographic about 21st Century classrooms.
- Here is a graphic for School 2.0.
- Adopt and Adapt - What year are you preparing your students for?
- Infographic for Elements of a Digital Classroom
- Blog Post: 20 Technology Skills Every Teacher Should Know
- Eight Things to Look for in Today's Classroom
- Assessment in a 21st Century Classroom
- Kids from Past Vs. Kids of 21C - Infographic
- 7 Ideas for Replacing Worksheets with Wonder
- 36 Things Every 21st Century Teacher Should be Able to Do
- What is Blended Learning?
- 21st Century Thinkers
- 8 Pillars of Digital Literacies
- Posters for a 21st Century Classroom
- 8 Critical Skills for A Modern Education
- Profile of A Modern Teacher
- Student Skills - 21 things 4 Students
- Free Online Tutorials
- 8 Examples
21st Century Professional Development:
- #1 Place to visit to get new ideas? - - Internet: Twitter, Pinterest, Teacher Blogs, etc.
- Twitter Guide Booklet
- Dr. Suess Guide to Twitter
When a teacher plans to use Web 2.0 tools in his/her classroom, it is very important to pay attention to the "Terms of Service" of the site. Teachers must follow CIPA and COPPA rules. It is also a MUST to A L W A Y S get parent permission... even for a Senior in high school. Good protection for the teacher, student, school, and administration.
Here is a good link to get parent permission and student use going in the right direction.
- Cool Tools for 21st Century Learners
- Great Classroom Tools
- Project Based Learning Tools
- C. Kennedy Project Based Learning Page
- C. Kennedy Web 2.0 Tools for Teachers Page
- C. Kennedy Web 2.0 Tools for Students Page
- 101 Web 2.0 Tools for Teachers
- Tips on Student Presentations
- Rubrics in Education
- EdTech Three Minute Tutorials
What a 21st century classroom should include: (Graphic from Mariel Gomez de la Torre)
Tools to Assess a 21st Century Learner:
- Multiple Intelligences Inventory