Why have an interactive white board in your classroom? The goal is to make it INTERACTIVE. Making it interactive will increase student interest, motivation, and engagement in your classroom.
SMART Notebook 11 is now available to CCSD teachers who want it pushed to their computer.
Please note the following information....
It seems that in the new SMART 11, they have disabled the floating tools unless connected to a SMARTboard or other SMART product (airliner). Therefore, these tools will not work. A work around for this is to use the Transparent Background. (View—>Transparent Background).
Here is a 'how to' document that may help. Download SMART11 and Elmo
Teachers may experience issues if they try to use SMART ink on top of a Power Point presentation. Here is a blog article that may be helpful to resolve the issue.
SMART Notebook Express:
- This is an online application where students and teachers can create simple Notebooks or students and teachers can open up Notebook files. This would be a good tool to link to a teacher BLOG. Students can open Notebook files for extra help with homework or if they are absent.
Here is an online tutorial/video that can help.
SMART Learning Space:
- This is an online resources where users can register (for free) to learn more skills/ tips and tricks with creating and using SMART Notebooks.
- Use this site to find created Notebooks that you can edit and use in your classroom.
CCSD ITS SMART Resource Page
Smarttech :For online resources and professional development
SMART Technologies - Pinterest Board
SMART EDCompass Blog
- Getting started with SMARTboard - (video)
- Basics (PDF)
- SMART version 10 - Basics Learning Resource (PDF)
- SMART Notebook Session 1 - Let's get started (version 11) (video)
- Floating Toolbar (PDF)
- Page Sorter (video)
- Attachment Tab (video)
- Using Objects (video)
- How to add objects (video)
- Using Gallery Tab (video)
- Gallery Tab Basics (PDF)
- Interactive Ideas/ Strategies
- SMARTboard Training Outline
- A list of ways to make your SMART Notebooks more interactive
- Lesson Activity Toolkit (PDF)
- Here is a video to help make your Notebooks more interactive.
Online Sites to help teachers make their Notebooks for INTERACTIVE:
- Box of Tricks Blog
- http://www.smartboards.typepad.com/ Great place to find new ideas and SMART resources.
- Interactive Sites for Whiteboards
- Elementary Whiteboard files
- Interactive SMARTboard Lessons
- Multi-grade SMART Notebooks
- SMARTboard Goodies
- SMART for Kindergarten
Online Resources to use with your interactive whiteboard:
3-D Shapes - The Shapes Resource on the Birmingham Grid For Learning website is a fantastic Interactive site for reviewing both 2D and 3D shapes.
The site does a good job defining and introducing 2D shapes and the 3D shape section is one of the best resources for understanding 3D shapes. Investigation of 3D shapes includes an interactive 3D model of each of the 3D shapes that students can control by touching on the control buttons.
Garbage Can Widget Link - Download
20 Things You can do with your interactive white board booklet
- Red Light Issue (PDF)